dimanche 9 septembre 2007

Tetsa River, BC




This area offer to us a great view point! I had a first heart attack! MY MOUNTAINS! Rockies ahead!!!! Houla the Houla! In bonus, ''fluffy snowy peaks''! Houla the houla my little buddha!!! Fantastic! The North Rockies doesn't look as those in the ''South''!




On my way to go up North, I had the chance to stopped by a ranch and general store where the lady in her seventy handmade cookies(!!!) and fresh cinnamon buns(!!!) unressistible for my always hungry belly . The old man , her husband name Cliff, an albertan with a big accent, arrived here with his father in 1942 to participate to the Alaska Highway construction. I asked him so much questions!!!He looked typic and offer me to horseback ridding!


-''Have you ever tried girl?!''


- euhhh yeah! 2 times where I'm from.


-'' So let's for one up the North Foothills Mountains girl''!


and her wife grabbed me : ''Before, let's have meal girl'' She gave me good treats handmade by her as any grandma will do! Mmmmm! I noticed when lonely girl traveling by their own up North, people seem to be even much nicier than usual and I would say I appreciate this and it's a real real pleasure to jump into their bubble and having conversations with them! They are special people from the North... I guess simply because it's quit unusual and asking you a lot of skills and independence with an adventurous gene to enjoy and appreciate the North as they do! I love them....equal with the Newfies! hihihihi! They eat meaty and fatty but I gonna tell you something, I ate sinced I left Montreal as a man who will go to cut the wood all day and I still didn't get a pound...Which is great for my belly who is always willing to eat!




Well, it was very funny this horseback ridding. I would admitt it asking you skills too and I liked it. First of all I forgot to mention that Northwest BC has their most rainiest summer season sinced 40 years. All is mud and they had some floods who gave them headaches ...specially with the Cassiar Highway which flooded...4 times! My horse didn't like the mud....! First, we entered into the wood covered by mud, then followed the Testa river, a very nice one, then took a narrow, in fact a typical hicking trail very steep to reach the top of the mountain! Mama! Fantastic! I had to did my first horse jump! While a big trunck blocked the narrow trail, my horse didn't want to go through first...even wanted to go back home...then 'tchichi said :''hey! you gonna go through this as Cliff 's horse did kapitch?!'' Kappitch ...of course it did! Cliff get down from his horse to give me a hand and then the horse decided at the same time to pass in action mode. While we jumped I caught with my leg Cliff and He did as in the cartoons! hihihihi! Cliff under his seventy years old is tough and called me for the rest of ride '' cow girl''! hihihi! Always to watch for the branches...! the view at the top of the mountain was marvellous, it was sunset time and we saw a deer.




Cliff explained to me that before to come here, only cariboos, mooses lived there. So, in 1942, to create a variety of meat pantry for people, they started to burn some part of the forest which brought to them later : deers, elks, wolves, hares....Cliff still continue to practice this every 2-3 years with a special permit from the BC Government.




The moon was almost full, clear sky to observe stars...I think this simple view missed me a lot, 'cause I always looked at it and speak about it and the sky! oups!




Then the next morning I had to drive my ''subaru horseback'' while hunter were going for a week in the woods with their horse to hunt!