dimanche 9 septembre 2007

British Columbia





Astonishing grandeur of MY (!) BC! Here is my main dish for this road trip! My therapy! The best TiVi Channel on this planet, in my opinion! This is the only thing in my life where I can say and feel confortable with this kind of ''possession''! Sinced that I am a kid this part of Canada fascinated me and , even after 4 times in 4 differents part of the country, I am still excited as a kid going to meet Santa Clauss! Wherever I go in BC and whenever , I feel home. It's a huuuuuuuge and funny adventurous playground which is much better than Quebec! I like their ''law''. I mean, no fences by the road or the hiking trail you taking while you just beside a precipice. Just too bad for you is you ''flip over'' the invisible fence. Thanks to visit us and come again!!! Affected by the cold ?! Hep! There is no cold, just bad clothes! So let's geared! hahaha! ok, I should admitt at this time of the year, it's hard in the morning to convinced your body that the best place should be out of your minus 10 sleeping bag and same thing when you have to convinced your toe that's time now for bathtime...Meeee! As soon you get out from the water, you have this impression to have a ''seal skin''. Bah, I guess the cold killed one shot all suspicious bacteria running on your body!
I stopped to count all animals and birds seen. I would say one thing about cariboos: they act in a very strange way ...close to say stupid!




This is the first time that I have the opportunity to explore the Northwest part of the province. Basicly, it's populated by 200 000 people ( 50 000 jobs in the forestry, others in gas,oil and minerals mainly). Sinced few years, people getting upset around the Peace River Valley for their main economy and the global warming. the natural insect ''moutain pine beetle'' is under control population and is now at the level ''epidemic''. This beetle kill the pine in a year and it's turn all red...so watch out for the ''forest fire'' ! I saw many parts affected to Moncho Lake area. It gives you the impression to watch red maple trees through moutains...oups! Under normal condition, this beetle reduce its population when the territory has several days of -60celcius(!) at wintertime...but as I wrote, the global warming transformed all this into ''good canadian folks''. they have may be 3 consecutive days ( Peace River county) around -43celcius, that's it. Other things: people who live from furs economy having several problems to get a good price. The market went down 'cause many animals don't produce anymore their natural ''sheeeeeene'', protection of oil against the coldnest. Buyers looking mainly further up the 60 parallel.