dimanche 9 septembre 2007

Bears!



ok! I loooooove bears! They have always impress me, but I should say I am smart bear...not a Winny the Pooh one! Pure pleasure to explore their bearland, pure one! I met several people to talk about this animal'cause they were rangers or simply because they daily have to deal with them, blahblahblah....I could speak hours about bears, but I won't bother you with them!




I would mention that I 've seen few young back bears by the road enjoying berries and a fresh one just hit, so it was good to have a look very close. Later on my journey trip I met Natives pelling one and I can say they might be very skills with their frontal legs: it's look like a human arm! Meeeeeeee! Watch out! Natives sell the blackbears feet to Chinese community which is hungry for that! Jack Chief told me they cook the paws into a delicatessen dish and you couldn't figure out that's from this part of their body. Sorry, I don't know the name of the dish!




The Blackbear, 10 000 live in Yukon Forest compare 30 000 humans, is the smallest member of the bear family and it is the more agile and powerful than any human. They can smell you very far away ( I don't know if it's true: I heard 4km!)run fast as horse (around 65km/h!) and doesn't matter for them running down the hill...they are already shapped as a ball! They like too much human and their rubbish. I met a man that is friend had been trapped by night while they were tenting in the far away nowhere land, recovering from a big party...2 in a tent...one drunk ''murdered'' by Mr. Bear and him, undrunk, never touched by the bear at first. Bears like as human when the meat marinated I guess... He safed his life by killing the bear. I found my life very quiet and safe when I hear that kind of story.




The grizzly bears, twice bigger than a black one, populated around by 7000 members in Yukon forest don't really expect to meet human on their way which is much easier for us to survive when we ''face'' one. Northern bears are fragile. For example, their lifespan is approximately 20 years and the female grizzly bear will be about 8 years old when she will produce her first litter(2) and it will take another 4 years before she has cubs again. Half of those cubs will die a natural death before they reach maturity. Grizzly bears have been known to kill and eat blackbears, horses too! They can ''tear'' ( off or out???) a car!




Bears are more intelligent than human maybe or ''evolute''faster than human technique to keep them away...and also ''impredictible''. The gun which is suppose to put them away from a specific place such as up north the 60 parallel and those places where games are important....They reported this summer in few places that the bears instead to running out, ran through the gun direction in a very aggressive way! Meeeeee! I consider the '' bear belt'' as a ''lunch time advertiser'', a paget for them!




okay, enough bears talking for today...But I vote to create a group to sue Berlin Zoo about Knut!!!! We have many seals to send to him instead those croissants and cakes gave as its ''diet''...a shame! And pictured as an international news!!!! Meeeeeeeee! What's happening in Germany??!!! After that , we can understand why once a while some Japanese have the great idea to spread some honey on their kids cheek and invite Mr. grizzly to lick it! And the couple had the ''brilliant'' idea to pictured and video tapped at the same time this ''magic '' event... This NorthWest Territory Ranger met to Liard has difficulty to end his story 'cause he has to watched the tape...oups...