lundi 10 septembre 2007

Liard Hotsprings, BC





Houla the Houla my little Buddha!What a relaxing and socializing stop I did! Liard River Valley is a tropical North. It is a must-see must-do destination. Ok, Bao and Sandra, don't panic:our experience north Okanagan Valley was nothing to compare for it's wilderness!


This is a wonderful place to observe mooses, wood buffalos ( cousin of buffalos from the prairies:they are smaller)...Once a while black bears coming to check if their chicken soup is served...After all, the pool turned around 53 celcius!


By it setting on the map, hundreds of plants(250) and birds species (104) flourish just at that place...if you considerer that we are in the North. Also, this is the ''pit stop'' for mammals: 28 species. This is the second largest hotspring in Canada and is surrounded by a lush boreal spruce forest and marsh. 14 species of orchids!


These 2 days by there were so much relaxing. I just met nice people to talk to and was hosted by the first Quebec people met on my way sinced I left home:Sylvie and Richard! If some of you think that I am a little crazy by my way of traveling, there is worst case than me: Adam left Whitehorse to reach Vancouver, using only a tarp and a sleeping bag...I coundn't practiced this camping mode, forget it, forget it: c-r-a-z-y