lundi 20 août 2007

Saskatchewan
















Flat is this german province populated by 1M of people, flat it is, but to tell you the truth, I enjoyed it by their amazing clouds! Weather changed very quicky: I had to take a break to ...Langerburg(!) and let pass the big thunderstorm! Houla! What a rain! I couldn't see their big grains elevator! C-R-A-Z-Y! might be aweful by the wintertime overhere!

Saskatchewan seem to be very quite and just , as a tourist person, to put emphasis to their ''remembrance'' of their good old time. May be I am wrong. Anyway I really met nice people over there and to discover this part of the country was interesting and I was very sad to drop the idea to go to explore the badland( South part of the province) 'cause I don't have enough time to see all I wish to enjoy! While I was accumulating the km on the ''highway'' ('' '' 'cause I saw pedestrian passage on it many times!), I declared the best option to discover Canada should to live a year in each provinces and territories!!!! So 13 years non stop having a gypsie lifestyle! houla! Then after that you write a book about '' les 2 solitudes canadiennes''!!!! hihihihi!




On my way to go , I passed by the Qu'Appelle Valley and it was very nice even if the sun was not at the rendez-vous...Too bad, 'cause I saw huuuuuuuge fields of sunflowers facing down to the ground. Also deers.


I saw many potash mines ( I suggest that they could create with those big red ''trash'' ski resort center or extreme speed skating!), many old agricultural engines who give you the impression to be by a outside museum, all kinds of cows and horses ( haaaa especially those who look likes as Jolly Jumper! I mean white with dark spot), old houses abandonned, many many birds and owls, more grains elevators than gare stations(!), a tons of colourful fields ( but I noticed the harvest looks lower than the East part of the country...I guess they making money 'cause they using huge part of their territory, otherwise it seems to be a land where it dry quickly)



I stopped by a town named Battlefield by North Saskatchewan river. I hikked and enjoy a historical site. A very nice place with valley where I could easily imagine myself there and say : hiiiiiiiHaaaaaaa! Known before as the capital of North West territory a place where natives fight between each other. Later, while the colonisation was important, the CP rail construction too, unrespectected the metis by ''unrecognizition'' of their main right as human, that they were looking to ''put away'' natives out their territory and maintained their power on these bands by starvation and killing their main pantry ( bisons) all these add to the lack of communication between each other created a huuuuuge weaponned conflict and force the government to create its first mounted police. It was very very interesting for any who enjoy History. Big Bear...haaaa! So bad nobody at that time has the same philosophical intelligence as him! Otherwise, exit stupid conflicts! I could talk an hour about him, but I won't ! He was what I called '' the man of the situation''! Sometime, I am wondering why our canadian History don't put much more emphasis to explain what happened instead to remind us that the ''goddam'' ( also known as English people) came here and gave hard time to the ''pea soup'' ( also known know as French people)...might be a reason...don't know...may be to keep again control on something that they could later uncontrol??? don't know..."cause for sure our canadian history is really really unknow by there people themselves! Anyway...

Before to leave the city, I had to stop by a shop to fix my hikking boots....So I found a custom saddles held by a very sympatic cow boy who gave me ''hikking boots assistance''. His ''atelier'' ( room in his shop where he makes saddles) was open to me and I couldn't stop to look everywhere. It was a ''cowboy rodeo alibaba cavern'' !