samedi 18 août 2007

Manitoba: friendly one!







okay! The roads conditions are excellent out of Quebec and, with nice weather, good music and good food I drove without any effort! I arrived yesterday to Manitoba. Populated by 1millions of friendly people and the half of it live to Winnipeg. So beautiful time that I didn't want to go their capital, Winnipeg. Let's find a place by the water! I found one...but I guess I am their only tourist since the summer season by their cummulated questions mark! '' How did you find us?!'' '' Are you lost?!'' '' Why are you here?!''








People are very friendly and nice. I camped by the confluence of Winnipeg River and Whitesmouth River by a impressiv group of pelicans. I didn't know we have these in the country! It's a big bird and I was laughing to see them ''kayaking '' on the waves!








Manitoba is flat. the soil seem to be very rich by its dark colour. Over here, they raise ''bees'' ( in fact lices) and send them to US for the polonisation veggies plants.








Watch out for their tractors!








I saw a deer.








Oh! I forgot! Winnie the Pooh.....When I stopped by White River , Ont. I read the storie. An canadian officier from Winnipeg during the Great War ( 14-18) stopped by White River before to reach Europe and carry with him a black bear from this area. The poor bear has to be as the poor polar bear Knut in Germany: a mascotte. At the end of the war, ''Winni'' was given to a zoo of London. About the writter who wrote the stories, I am not sure anymore if he was canadian or what but this is this bear who inspirated the writter. zoo are of the most stupid things who exist in this world...with human! oups!