samedi 15 décembre 2007

Punakaki, New Zealand





I hitch hiked all day from Nelson Lakes National Park...it takes me a while to get there because I took 4 different cars to get there and while I was walking to the end of a '' Junction something village'', a man sitting on his balcony invited me to have a ''beer break'' before to continue my way! Everything are under control!!! The colors of the rocks around there are all kinds pastel tones. Those rocks called ''pancakes'' are unique and a phenomen that appently scientists cannot easily explain. The west coast is a good spot to observe sunset!


Along those rugged seascape you constantly listening and read about those NZ historical goldrush stories and hear the natives birds. There are a tons. About weather forecast, they are known to have a lot of annual rain precipitation, enough to receive this nickname : ''Wetland''! The last picture is the native palm tree call ''' Nikau''.