samedi 15 décembre 2007

Nelson Lake National Park, New Zealand























3 days of tramping in a very beautiful area ( Lake Angelus and Robert Ridge) with also superb weather...One of the best tramping that I have ever done in all my life, cool! Also, the most technique too mainly because the time of the year ( snow). I started at the bottom along Lake Rotoiti to spend the night to Coldwater hut with a Swiss German. Then the next day we head on to Robert Ridge( 1800m) itself by a beautiful and amazing unmyst sky where I played with my camera as I never done before...I was closeto compete with a ''Japanese''! hihihi!




We walked on snow, very narrow passage...The yellow vegetation is called ''vegetal sheep''. Apparently this is one of the smallest flowers in the world produce by this ''mosse''. Some stupid people take out some pieces of the vegetal and its roots reminds a fresh piece of ginger. They are really fragil plant and grow verrrrrrry slowly...so shame on you stupid people. At the end of the tramp, we ''ski'' on the ''rock salt snow''to reach Angelus hut and that was pretty funny. Mmmm...as you can see, I am always willing to enjoy a rest everywhere...as long as I can lie down my body, everything is under control! There was a guide with his group up there and we have had a very very nice meal up ( 1600m). Also that was the full moon...and was very chilly!




The next day, I went down the mountain with a guy from Israel who unfortunatelly push his body over his capacity ( despite he knew his poorest knees condition) ..putting himself on risk for nothing and feeling me too responsible of him for nothing. That was so loooong. Anyway, we did. The most exciting part of this tramp was to cross the river and Speargrass creek several time!